Nursing is an intense job. Nurses endure hours of duty, sore feet, scared patients, complaints, and worried family members. Despite all this, nurses can make people feel like they are their only patients at the time.
It can be easy to lose sight of one’s goals and values with such a difficult job. That’s why nurses must be appreciated. To honor nurses in every corner of the world, here are some positive nursing quotes. Every time you find yourself questioning your healthcare job Los Angeles, remind yourself of these!
15 Positive nursing quotes
- Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a battle.” – Plato.
- 1. “Save one life, you’re a hero. Save 100 lives, you’re a nurse.” — Unknown.
- “Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon.” — Dag Hammarskjöld.
- “It’s okay to learn from every experience, and it’s okay to make mistakes.”– Louise Hay.
- “Every nurse was drawn to nursing because of a desire to care, to serve, or to help.” —Christina Feist-Heilmeier.
- “The character of the nurse is as important as the knowledge she possesses.” – Carolyn Jarvis.
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest accomplishment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” --Leo Buscaglia.
- “To do what nobody else will do, in a way that nobody else can, in spite of all we go through; it to be a nurse.” - Rawsi Williams.
- “Being a nurse means to hold all your own tears and start drawing smiles on people’s faces. Nursing is sacrificing.” – Dana Basem.
- “A nurse will always give us hope, an angel with a stethoscope.” – Carrie Latet.
- 11. “Caring is the essence of nursing.” – Jean Watson.
- “The trained nurse has become one of the great blessings of humanity, taking a place beside the physician and the priest.” —Dr. William Osler.
- “As a nurse, we have the opportunity to heal the mind, soul, heart, and body of our patients, their families, and ourselves. They may forget your name, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou.
- “When you’re a nurse, you know that every day you will touch a life or a life will touch yours.” —Unknown.
- “When you feel like quitting, remember why you started.” —Unknown.
As a nurse practitioner Illinoise, one will come across terminally ill patients who can be young or old, remind them of their loved ones, and face situations that might shake them from their core. But it becomes important to remember that when the going gets tough, the tough get going.